Farm Mutual Director Certification (FMDC)
What is FMDC?
Our FMDC program began in 2007 to offer training for the directors of farm and other small mutual insurance companies. Insurance, even for small companies, has changed with the times. So have the duties of their boards. NAMIC can give you the training you need to be a confident, effective board member.
What are the Benefits of Certification?
- A certificate, lapel pin and recognition at NAMIC’s annual convention, your annual state association convention, or at a meeting of your company’s board
- Recognition from your peers in your company, the insurance industry, and regulators of your extra knowledge and dedication as a member of your company’s board
- ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE and CONFIDENCE as a director
- PRIDE in your achievement
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES with other FMDC professionals
- COMPLIMENTARY ROUNDTABLE BREAKFAST and a REGISTRATION DISCOUNT for certified FMDCs at NAMIC’s Annual Convention
- RECEIVE A DISCOUNT OF UP TO 10 PERCENT on your company’s D&O insurance from NAMICO if at least 75 percent of your company’s board members are actively enrolled in FMDC
- ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE of insurance and your responsibilities as a director
- ENHANCED AND EFFECTIVE DECISIONS for your company
- STABILITY for your company financially and in working with/evaluating company management
- STRONG REPUTATION with regulators that you are trained and serious about your responsibilities
Get with the Program
The FMDC program is a study program through which you may earn your FMDC certification. Classes are offered in a variety of ways:
- Live classes such as those being offered at NAMIC’s Annual Convention
- Live classes sponsored by various state association partners
- Live one-hour webinars offered by NAMIC throughout the year which you can attend at your own computer
- Webinar recordings offered through host organizations
To achieve certification, simply enroll in the program, then take four different classes in each of three areas of learning (modules):
- Operations & Insurance
- Finance & Accounting
You will have five years from your first class in which to take the 12 classes required for certification. If more time is needed, a grace period can be requested.
Once you are Certified
After certification is achieved, you must take four different classes every two years to maintain the certification.
Get the latest information on the FMDC program from our exclusive program newsletter.
With the induction of the recent class, 404 active farm mutual directors have now completed certification and another 476 are actively enrolled in the program. See the complete listing.
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:00:00 AM.
Modified: Monday, September 28, 2015 6:46:51 PM.