State Affairs Coordinator
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) has a new full-time opening for a State Affairs Coordinator at our headquarters on the northwest side of Indianapolis. This position reports to the AVP – State Affairs and assists with state legislative and regulatory analysis, policy research, and related projects.
- Manages projects and workflow activities for the AVP – State Affairs and the Regional Government Affairs staff.
- Manages state lobbying reporting activities.
- Conceptualizes and leads internal development of processes and systems for workflow/project management including: legislative tracking system training and improvement, inter-departmental project process and software selection/integration/training.
- Monitors and reports on industry and trade calls as needed.
- Writes, reviews, and edits state legislative and regulatory communications to members including newsletters, PowerPoint presentations and other publications.
- Manages library of state testimony and supporting materials to aid in state level lobbying.
- Works with the NAMIC, NAIC, and NCOIL teams to promote and increase NAMIC’s exposure and profile at meetings of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and National Council of Insurance Legislators as well as managing NAMIC on-site activities for live events
- Provides administrative support and coordination for state-level political involvement activities
- Assists with departmental budget updates as needed.
- Researches, analyzes, and tracks state issues and trends impacting the property/casualty insurance industry including preparing memoranda and briefing materials.
- Attends (virtually or in person) and report on hearings as needed.
- Assists with coordinating legislative team meetings and agendas.
- Contributes and assists in advocacy website content management.
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Legislative research and analysis abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work and think independently.
- Ability to influence and persuade professional individuals in both public and private settings.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- At least three years of experience working as a part of a government affairs team, in a legislative office, or trade association required.
- Experience in issue management required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment where team members work closely to accomplish priorities.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Familiarity with NCOIL, NAIC, NCSL and other organizations affecting state insurance laws and regulations preferred.
- Familiarity with legislative tracking systems preferred.
- Experience in managing multiple priorities simultaneously required.
- Ability to travel quarterly.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check and must possess an acceptable MVR.
NAMIC is proud to have been selected as one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana! We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package with this full-time position. Benefits include access to medical, dental and vision, a matched 401(k) plan, one paid day each year to volunteer with the charity of your choice; generous paid vacation, and more! We have a friendly yet professional work atmosphere where everyone enjoys working hard for the good of our members. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jenn Steidler, HR Manager at Stateaffairscoordinator@namic.org
NAMIC is an equal opportunity employer. www.namic.org
NAMIC is an equal opportunity employer.
No job postings at this time. Please check back soon!
2019 Best Places to Work in Indiana
NAMIC again has been named as one of the 125 Best Places to Work in the Hoosier State for 2019 by
Indiana Chamber of Commerce in the category of medium-sized employers with between 75 and 249
Chuck Chamness, president and CEO, cites NAMIC’s corporate culture that is professional yet friendly as the reason
for the association’s consistent showing on the Best Places to Work list. “NAMIC member companies recognize
and appreciate the meaningful work done by our dedicated staff. Knowing that their efforts are appreciated, while
working in a collaborative team environment alongside great co-workers, is what sets our work environment apart for
added perks that support a positive work atmosphere just reinforce the overall culture of the organization.”