Adjacent to the Wigwam Arizona property rests a grouping of local restaurants:
- University of Phoenix Stadium: Located approximately 15 minutes from the Wigwam Arizona, the University of Phoenix Stadium is Home of the Arizona Cardinals NFL football team and the 2008 and 2015 Super Bowl. The University of Phoenix Stadium, with its retractable roof and field, is unlike any other stadium in North America, and a marvel of design, engineering, and technology.
- Spring Training Baseball: The Wigwam is proud to be the Official Spring Training Resort of The Kansas City Royals, and Greater Phoenix plays host to 13 major league baseball teams each spring as part of the Cactus League. The San Francisco Giants, Seattle Mariners, Oakland Athletics, Chicago Cubs, San Diego Padres, Milwaukee Brewers, Texas Rangers, Kansas City Royals, Cincinnati Reds, LA Dodgers, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians and the Anaheim Angels conduct their spring training here in the Phoenix area while the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies train in Tucson. The Wigwam is located just minutes from Surprise Stadium, Goodyear Ball Park, Camelback Ranch, and The Peoria Sports Complex, the Spring Training homes of four Major League teams.
- NASCAR Racing: Phoenix is also home to many different types of motor sports. Included on the annual calendar are Indy Car and NASCAR events at nearby Phoenix International Raceway, drag racing at Manzanita Speedway and boat racing at Firebird International Raceway.
- Westgate Entertainment District : Located approximately 15 minutes from the Wigwam Arizona
Offering a vibrant outdoor setting with unique water features, Westgate Entertainment District delivers an interactive shopping, dining and entertainment experience. It is anchored by Jobing.com Arena, home of the Phoenix Coyotes, and adjacent to the University of Phoenix Stadium, home to the Arizona Cardinals.
- Cultural Adventures and Hikes: The Wigwam concierge staff will be happy to assist you in planning day trips around the state, hot air balloon rides, sunset trail rides, shopping excursions, art walks and much more. Stretch your adventure barometer and go off the beaten trails for a closer look at the Arizona desert. Hiking areas are plentiful at the nearby White Tank Mountains.
- Phoenix Art Museum: Groundbreaking exhibitions that will fascinate, entertain, and educate. From the four corners of the world, from ancient to modern, from masters to rising stars, see what the Phoenix Art Museum has on display now.
- Phoenix Zoo : Home to more than 1, 300 animals and many endangered and threatened species, the Zoo is dedicated to providing experiences that inspire people and motivate them to care for the natural world. 455 N. Galvin Parkway, Phoenix (602) 273-1341
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 4:10:54 PM.
Modified: Friday, December 19, 2014 10:53:43 AM.