La Cantera Hill Country Resort is conveniently located close to luxury shopping, the beautiful Texas Hill Country, and historic San Antonio. The resort has all the accommodations and breadth of amenities to ensure you will have plenty of things to do.
Things to do at La Cantera Hill Country Resort
- Pools: This resort features a total of five pools, in addition to multiple hot tubs around the property. The resort pool is the perfect spot for the entire family to enjoy, complete with a waterslide and delicious poolside dining at the Vista Grille. For those seeking an exclusive experience, the adults‐only infinity pool offers a secluded space with incredible Hill Country views, along with ten luxurious cabañas and a sophisticated poolside bar, Topaz.
- Fitness: To stay fit and focused while you're away you need a workout routine that's challenging, flexible and rewarding. La Cantera Hill Country Resort provides all the equipment you'll need for a satisfying workout. From Life Fitness® cardio equipment with individual video monitors to dedicated zones for stretching and weight training, our 7,600 sq. ft. Fitness Studio is a place to re-energize your workout routine or maintain your momentum. You can also choose from a self‐guided three‐ or five‐mile jogging route winding around the resort's natural surroundings. Visit the The Spa at La Cantera or Concierge Desk for your pocket‐sized running map. We also provide fresh towels and cold bottled water upon return to the resort's entrance.
- Loma de Vida: Loma de Vida is a secluded sanctuary immersed in nature and situated on one of the highest points in San Antonio with breathing views of the Texas sky. The spa will invoke the spirit of the Hill Country and Texas to inspire traditional spa offerings (massages, facials), signature experiences indigenous to the area and results orientated services integrating technology and nature to create a true sense of balanced well-being. Prepare yourself for an unparalleled spa experience at La Cantera Hill Country Resort. For more information, click here.
- Golf: The resort offers two championship 18-hole courses which were designed to challenge your skill from tee to green. Each course offers some of the most scenic vistas in the Texas Hill Country. The Resort Course at La Cantera, a PGA Tour stop for 15 years was designed by noted golf course architect Jay Morrish and PGA Tour professional Tom Weiskopf. The second championship course, The Palmer Course, was designed by the legendary Arnold Palmer. This 6,926-yard, par 71 masterpiece winds through the Texas Hill Country and offers the ultimate test of ability for even the most skilled player. To book tee times call 210.558.4653 or click here to learn more.
Things to do in the Surrounding Area
So you want to wander away from the resort for a few hours or an entire day? There are a variety of San Antonio attractions nearby to suit every taste. These premier shopping options are just minutes from the resort with shuttle service available to all resort guests at no additional charge.
- The Shops at La Cantera: More than 140 luxury shops including 4 department stores. La Cantera Resort guests have access to a resort shuttle to the shops, multiple times a day.
- The RIM Shopping Center: Just minutes away from La Cantera Resort, the Rim offers shopping, dining and entertainment for the entire family.
Things to do in San Antonio
- The Alamo: The historic Alamo offers guests a look back and time to the Texas Revolution. Only 20 minutes from the resort and located in the heart of downtown San Antonio, it is a must-see historical site.
- The San Antonio Riverwalk: Just 20 minutes from La Cantera Resort, the San Antonio River Walk is a must for any San Antonio first-timer. Take a ride on a River Boat or simply walk the shops and restaurants stretching through downtown and beyond.
- Natural Bridge Caverns: The Natural Bridge Caverns are the largest known commercial caverns in the U.S. state of Texas. The name was derived from the 60 ft natural limestone slab bridge that spans the amphitheater setting of the cavern's entrance.
- Sea World San Antonio: Sea World San Antonio is just a short drive from La Cantera Resort. Visit Henrietta's Market at the resort for discounted tickets.
- McNay Art Museum: From Diego Rivera and Pablo Picasso to manuscripts and sculpture gardens, the McNay Art Museum invites you to step into a masterpiece. The McNay opened in 1945 as the region’s first museum of modern art. Works are displayed in the ornate setting of a 1920’s Spanish colonial home and a contemporary addition amid 23 acres of beautifully landscaped terrain.