UPDATE: North Carolina House Insurance Committee to Continue Discussion on Homeowners Rate Freeze
NAMIC has learned that the North Carolina House Insurance Committee will continue its discussion of HB 426, which would freeze approved homeowners rate modifications, on Tuesday, March 24.
The sponsors of HB 426 and companion legislation SB 428 are attempting to protect coastal homeowners from necessary rate increases at the expense of an overdue focus on the long-term solvency of the Beach Plan and the private market.
There is still time for you to contact members of the House Insurance Committee asking them to vote against HB 426.
If you have employees and agents working in North Carolina, please consider sharing this Alert with them and asking that they make appropriate contact as well. The Insurance Federation of North Carolina has provided talking points.
Please let me know if you are able to make contact, and if you have any questions. Thank you for your help.
North Carolina House Insurance Committee
- Chairman – Rep. Bruce Goforth, 919-733-5746, Bruce.Goforth@ncleg.net, representing Buncombe county
- Chairman – Rep. Michael Wray, 919-733-5662, Michael.Wray@ncleg.net, representing Northampton, Vance, and Warren counties
- Vice Chairman – Rep. Margaret Highsmith Dickson, 919-733-5776. Margaret.Dickson@ncleg.net, representing Cumberland county
- Vice Chairman – Rep. Jerry Dockham, 919-715-2526, Jerry.Dockham@ncleg.net, representing Davidson county
- Vice Chairman – Rep. Mitchell Setzer, 919-733-4948, Mitchell.Setzer@ncleg.net, representing Catawba and Iredell counties
- Rep. Jeff Barnhart, 919-715-2009, Jeff.Barnhart@ncleg.net, representing Cabarrus county
- Rep. John Blust, 919-733-5781, John.Blust@ncleg.net, representing Guilford county
- Rep. Van Braxton, 919-715-3017, Van.Braxton@ncleg.net, representing Greene, Lenoir, and Wayne counties
- Rep. Harold Brubaker, 919-715-4946, Harold.Brubaker@ncleg.net, representing Randolph county
- Rep. Nelson Cole, 919-733-5779, Nelson.Cole@ncleg.net, representing Rockingham county
- Rep. Bill Current, 919-733-5809, Bill.Current@ncleg.net, representing Gaston county
- Rep. Bill Faison, 919-715-3019, Bill.Faison@ncleg.net, representing Caswell and Orange counties
- Rep. Pryor Gibson, 919-715-3007, Pryor.Gibson@ncleg.net, representing Anson and Union counties
- Rep. Hugh Holliman, 919-715-0873, Hugh.Holliman@ncleg.net, representing Davidson county
- Rep. Julia Howard, 919-733-5904, Julia.Howard@ncleg.net, representing Davie and Iredell counties
- Rep. Sandra Huges, 919-733-5754, Sandra.Hughes@ncleg.net, representing New Hanover and Pender counties
- Rep. Garland Pierce, 919-733-5803, Garland.Pierce@ncleg.net, representing Hoke, Robeson, Scotland
- Rep. William Wainwright, 919-733-5995, William.Wainwright@ncleg.net, representing Craven and Lenoir counties.
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 12:00:00 AM.
Modified: Monday, March 23, 2009 9:13:26 AM.